Major relevant legislation is contained within:
- The Waste Avoidance and Resource Recovery Act 2007
- The Waste Avoidance and Resource Recovery Levy Act 2007
- The Waste Avoidance and Resource Recovery Regulations 2008
- The Waste Avoidance and Resource Recovery Levy Regulations 2008
Guide to drafting waste local laws
- The Guide to drafting waste local laws is intended to provide general guidance to local government. It is for use by local governments and the Western Australian Local Government Association.
The Waste Authority's website has information on the Authority, the Waste Strategy and programs.
Household hazardous waste
Solutions for waste management in regional and remote Australia: A compilation of case studies
- The National Waste Policy's Regional and Remote Australia Working Group has developed a compilation of case studies that showcase a range of waste management solutions undertaken in small communities or larger regional centres across Australia.
The case studies are available on the COAG Standing Council on Environment and Water website.