Contaminated Sites Act 2003
The statutory review of the Contaminated Sites Act 2003 is complete. The Environment Minister tabled a report on the review in Parliament on February 24 2015.
See the Minister's media statement.
As part of its response to the review, DER has revised and updated its contaminated sites guidelines and fact sheets As well as improvements to processes, the guidelines incorporate updates in response to the variation of the National Environment Protection (Assessment of Site Contamination) Measure 1999 (NEPM).
- Report – Review of the Contaminated Sites Act 20031007.42 KB
- Discussion paper – review of Contaminated Sites Act 2003371.44 KB
- Consultation paper -- review of Contaminated Sites Act 2003 1.78 MB
- Summary of submissions to Consultation paper765.7 KB
- Submissions to Discussion paper (statutory review of the Contaminated Sites Act 2003)
Table 1. Consultation process
|1||Release consultation paper||Complete|
|2||Public consultation (12 weeks)||Complete|
|3||Review, analyse public comments||Complete|
|4||Release discussion paper||Complete|
|5||Further public consultation (12 weeks)||Complete|
|6||Review, analyse public comments||Complete|
|7||Review report (recommending changes) to Minister||Complete|
|8||Review report tabled in Parliament||24 February 2015|