CleanRun EcoDrive was developed for the transport industry to reduce harmful diesel vehicle emissions in urban areas.
By making small changes to driving habits, drivers can actively reduce fuel use and emissions. ‘EcoDriving’ incorporates a number of safer, smarter driving techniques that maximise fuel economy by operating the engine as efficiently as possible. This results in fewer emissions and significant savings on fuel costs.
Fuel use and creation of carbon dioxide (CO2) emissions are directly linked, so an organisation that reduces its fuel use by 10 per cent can also expect a similar reduction in vehicle-related CO2 emissions. CleanRun EcoDrive provides the resources to develop an EcoDrive training program, including driver training materials developed by industry experts.
The benefits of CleanRun EcoDrive are three-fold:
- Cost savings – reduced fuel costs and vehicle maintenance, reduced accidents.
- Environment – reduced vehicle emissions and carbon footprint, green business edge, enhanced corporate image.
- Health and safety – safer, better drivers who are more alert, reduced exposure to toxic emissions for staff and customers.
- provides a simple process and the resources to design an EcoDrive program with drivers;
- includes EcoDrive training modules and research developed by industry experts;
- includes educational components on environmental and health impacts of emissions;
- was developed based on input from transport industry professionals;
- uses a systematic approach to changing behaviour; and
- is a free resource.
CleanRun EcoDrive resources for fleet managers, trainers and drivers
- CleanRun EcoDrive toolkit
- CleanRun EcoDrive Guide
- CleanRun EcoDrive Brochure